Transportation of personal effects to USA

Personal effects cannot be sent via LCL shipping from Ukraine. Therefore, if you have for instance 300 kg (without furniture) it is worth to use airfreight services

Before you send personal effects to the USA, you should prepare two copies of a list of all the goods you intend to bring as part of your personal effects. The packing list should indicate the name, value, quantity, model and serial number (where applicable) of all the goods. One copy will follow the cargo and the other you should bring to the Customs.

Transportation of personal effects to USA

To import goods duty- and tax-free nonresidents or first-time immigrants must have owned, possessed and used the goods abroad prior to arriving in the USA.

Nonresidents/First-Time Immigrants

You may import to the USA clothes, dishes, furniture, linens, libraries, artwork and similar household goods for your personal use free of duty if these articles either been available for your use or used in a household where you were a resident for one year. Your personal and/or household goods must be cleared through Customs at the destination airport or at its first port of arrival, unless you have made other arrangements with a foreign freight forwarder.

Household effects may be shipped into the USA duty-free within 10 years after your initial arrival in the as a legal resident.

Personal effects may be shipped or mailed to you later.  The package should be marked “Used Personal Effects”.  Any new things may be dutiable.

Professional Equipment

Professional Equipment can be shipped duty free if is imported for your use and not for sale. Theatrical scenery, properties, or apparel and articles for use in any manufacturing establishment are not eligible for this exemption.

Nonresidents/First-time immigrants may temporarily import a vehicle duty-free for personal use. However, the vehicles should arrive in the USA at approximately the same time, within a few weeks.  Otherwise importer must prove that the delay was justified. Vehicles (automobile, trailer, airplane, motorcycle, boat or similar vehicle) that don’t conform to U.S. safety and emission standards must be exported within one year and may not be sold in the USA. Conforming vehicles imported under the duty-free exemption are dutiable if sold within one year of importation.

Gifts are not classified as part of household and personal effects and if shipped must accompany you.

Any questions?
Get detailed consultation now by phone or request callback
+38 (044) 490-49-12
+38 (044) 499-62-28
+38 (044) 351-64-68
+38 (050) 367-97-07
+38 (067) 343-49-88
Learn tariff
for the transportation of your cargo